Frequently Asked Questions
Q: My scale all of a sudden indicates half of what it should
A: The first thing to check is the unit of measure on your indicator, it should indicate LB. If it says KG, that’s probably your problem.
Q: My scale will not balance to zero
A: Check to see if the indicator is currently in the Net weighing mode. Many of the older indicators will only zero balance in the Gross mode.
Q: My scale is unstable and jumping around
A: There are a number of things that can cause this problem:
- If your scale is outside it could be the environment; Is it Windy or Raining?
- Is your power (110VAC) fluctuating?
- There may be moisture in the system, you could try drying out the junction box or any connectors.
- There could be a cable problem, have they been damaged in any way? Cut? Smashed? Chewed by Rodents? Old and cracked?
- Is your pit flooded? If so get it drained ASAP and see if it doesn’t correct itself after drying out for a short time.
- Is your scale packed in with mud? Ice?
- Does your deck float freely? If not there could be something binding around the outside edges.
- You could have a component failure (most likely an indicator or load cell) of some type. In that case you will require a service call, give our Service Manager a call @ 800/637-3326 and he can dispatch a service technician ASAP. The more information you can provide us when you call the faster we can get you up and running again after we arrive.
Q: My remote indicator/scoreboard is not working
A: Check the power supplied to the readout in question. Since it’s in a remote location it may not be obvious if the power is out. Also, it could require a restart and that is most easily accomplished by powering the unit down.
Q: How do I set the Time & Date on my GSE indicator
A: For all but the 60 series (460, 560, 660) you will be prompted to enter Time & Date by resetting the power on the indicator.
For the 60 series key in “11” followed by the [SELECT] and [ENTER] keys.) Once prompted to do so; enter the data in military time, separated by periods [.] as shown below…
( H H . M M . S S ) [ENTER] [ENTER] ( M M . D D . Y Y ) [ENTER] [ENTER] H = Hour; M = Minute; S = Second; M = Month; D = Day; Y = Year
When data has been entered the display will return to the “Weight” mode (except for the 60 series).
(For the 60 series, key in “0” followed by the [SELECT] key.)”
Q: Can you put a seal on my scale?
A: No, we can’t ‘seal’ your scale. Only the Weights & Measures Officials from your jurisdiction (State or County) can put a seal on your scale. We can calibrate the scale with Weights & Measures observing, they will then officially ‘seal’ the scale.